Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Training Continues

Weather in UT has finally started to act like Autumn with a cool down accompanied by thunder storms. While it makes for great sleeping weather, it poses some obstacles to evening rides. I have resorted to carrying my bike around with me all the time in the folded-down seats/trunk of the car, and a change of cycling clothes. If it's not raining then out I go.

Jack Fritz, Navitaire's resident cycling veteran of veterans has organized a long ride, a metric century (approx. 65.5 miles) for this coming Saturday in celebration of his birthday Monday the 11th. I will be joining him along with others of the work posse. He is giving us options along the wide loop of the SLC valley to bail out early if we get too weary, but I am planning on going the entire distance. Hopefully I will still be able to walk come Sunday. I figure it is time to bite the bullet, after all, the first day of the Tour de Pink is about the same distance.

Here are some pics of some of the gang from a recent ride along Legacy Parkway

Terry Hornbaker, Sid and Teri Lyn Baucom, me, Julia and Radomir Kuznetsov

No comments:

Post a Comment